Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Downsizing to Become More Productive

7/18/2012

WHAT A MESS!!


I've been decorating cakes for over 30 years, Scrapbooking for about 10 years; seriously scrapbooking for about 7 years. But, I have never had a mess like I have now. When I first began scrapbooking around 2003, I had a few pairs of patterned scissors, some 8 1/2x11 and 12x12 printed paper and a binder.  As the years progressed, I got better and collected more "stuff" to help me become more productive. Even now, I don't have all of the latest gadgets and machines; but I have a fair amount of stuff. But, am I more productive? Am I more creative. 

I recently looked back at my earlier books and cards and notice that not only was I more creative; but I was more productive with less.  What, are you serious?? Yes, even though I did not have the latest and best, I did well with what I had.  So I've issued a challenge to myself. Use up your stash, stop trying to purchase the latest gadget. Put your heart back into creating.

My crafting corner        


Are your cards and pages more creative? When you go to a crop, do you spend lots of time unpacking before you can even get started? Do you collect gadgets and supplies to make you more productive? I would love to know. 

BTW: I'm downsizing, giving away, and throwing away lots of stuff.  Is that a sin?



2 comments:

  1. Although...I have quite a bit of stuff, I'm not one for all of the gadgets. I find using what I have challenges my creativity and I LOVE IT. Good for you for making good use of your stash. Can't say I won't be shopping. However, I always challenge myself to add in some of the old with the new to get creative. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've cleaned up quite a bit of stuff. I know I will be buying at the CK convention this month. But I feel that I will be a wiser shopper this time.

      Delete