Skip to main content

Finding the Message in the Mess

Finding the Message in the Mess
(warning is is not a scrappy post)

For at least 8 weeks, my life has been changing rapidly.  From the launching of a new business venture to, redefining friendships, to starting a now job. It is amazing how God speaks to us from the most unlikely places. Whether its from the pulpit of your local place of worship or from a random stranger at the Kroger. God will always speak through; and you can always find the message in the mess. All you need to do is be open to listen. Read the Word so that you will be familiar with His will and His voice.

HEARING GOD ON THE JOURNEY: In 2003 Royal Scrap Club was created and founded as the result of a children's Sunday School class. It all began at my kitchen table with some Elmer's glue, construction paper, and decorative patterned scissors. I had no idea that it would bloom into RSC & Company. I had no idea that a ministry and encouragement for women,  through scrapbooking, world be born.. Through the years, member have come and gone. Many have been blessed and inspired; not by me, but by the comfort of spirit filled women of God. I would not trade this journey for anything.

Has God placed you a a path? Are you following it? Can you take your journey alone? I've recently learned that everybody can't follow you on your journey. You try include them and make them apart of your trip; but did God ask you to bring others along? This question reminds me of Abraham and Lot in Genesis 12:1-7. God spoke to Abraham; and established a covenant with Abraham. Lot was not included. Didn't mean that God did not have a plan of Lot and his family. It just means that God was very specific about the path and journey set out for Abraham and his seed. 

My spiritual gift is to listen and encourage women. He didn't give it to everybody; soooo people will come and some will go. Just like the circumstances that separated Abraham and Lot, I have to fulfill the plan laid out for me [mistakes and all]. God has given me the gift of scrapbooking and event planning as a tool to further His plans. Not to mention, he tailor made this scrappy job just for me--.

SEEING THE LIGHT THOUGH SOCIAL MEDIA: Social media can be both a blessing and a curse. Social media helps us to connect with  friends and family, promote causes,  grow businesses, to share encouragement and ministry. Social media has even been a launch pad to stardom; just look at Justin Beiber. Unfortunately social media is used as a weapon and cyber bullying. You will find that people will people share way, way too much of their personal lives and even lie. They will post pictures, screenshots, tag you in things meant to hurt you, and even air you business. All to hurt you. But you MUST look beyond the mess, reevaluate your circle, and eventually cut ties. If not, you will find yourself responding to the negative mess and losing your joy, peace, and your light. Realize that Satan's uses people and his job is to steal, kill and to destroy. steal your joy, kill your spirit, and destroy your witness. I type all of this just to say shine the light of Christ in darkness, put the enemy in his place [under your feet] and view social media as optional.

NEVER LOSE YOURSELF: I grew up in a home with a strong single mother. My mother worked 2 jobs, went to college, and provided for us. She taught us how to pray and how to stand in victory; EVEN when you are surrounded by mess. Because of that, I have a strong sense of self, trust in the Only True and Living God, and a backbone. However, when I was young, our home situation was not always great because we were poor. Now, because my mom always wanted more for us, she taught us. She taught us about the Name of Jesus, prayer, and making money with our God given talents [sewing, baking, cooking...]. As a result have 2 very successful businesses [Perfected with Grace since 1988 and Royal Scrap Club since 2003], a relationship with God, 2 great children. I have 3 super powers: RESILIENCE, DETERMINATION, AND THE ABILITY TO SPOT A FAKE.

WHATS THE MESSAGE: Love God and Love people. People will always be people; and not perfect beings. We all grew up differently, hold different values, and have different views on friendships/relationships. If a person did not grow up in a nurturing and loving home, they will not know how to grow and keep positive and nurturing relationships. If you grew up in home where your emotional,  spiritual, and social needs were meet, then more than likely you will be able to give the same to the world and the people around you. Know your circle and trust God's Holy Spirit. Never put more trust in people than you put in human nature. Don't believe the hype and always use the Word test. Never, ever, ever try to destroy a person to make yourself feel good.



(shout out to Scott Johnson)

Comments

  1. You are an amazing woman! Everything you said rang true to my heart. ❤️ I just simply loved everything you wrote. ❤️ Will that be your next job? Lol. Hugs! Michelle Camarena

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Scraps of Color "Christmas in July" Blog Hop: Day 1

My Christmas in July 2013 My Pink Journey CHRISTMAS IN JULY: DAY 1 One Sunday night (I guess it was actually early Monday morning) in July, I had a bad case of insomnia and was fooling around on eBay.  I saw that there was a bid on a new Pink Journey Cricut Expression Bundle that was about to end and the price was like 40 bucks. I was like; No way. The Bundle included 3 cartridges; one of which was the Pink Journey Champagne Rose Solution cartridge. So, I bid $56 and won the bid.  That was such a great deal simply because the Pink Journey cartridge sells for about that; at least on eBay.  Below is the layout that I created to commemorate the purchase LAYOUT 1 Solid Cardstock is Recollections Patterned Paper is Stampin Up! Chipboard Letters and Banners are KandCompany Journaling mats are Creative Imaginations Flip Flops Sticko Bling is from want2scrap Studio G Ink was used for the edges of the mats The chipboard letters help to g

SOC CELEBRATE #8 BLOG HOP: DAY 3

WELCOME BACK to the Scraps of Color Celebrate #8 Blog Hop I've Been Accepted!!    I can remember when my daughter and I were reading about colleges and she told me that she only wanted to go to a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) .  I was thinking, praise God TSU (Tennessee State University) here she comes. DING-DONG-WRONG! She said that she wanted to go to Alabama A&M in Huntsville. Then the prayer wheel started turning. " Lord, you said that you would supply all of our needs according to your riches" and you said that "What things we desire, when we pray, believe that you receive them, and you shall have them".        Now, she had some struggles in high school and was at best a B- to C+ student . Even though she would study and work hard; she had trouble. School just did not come easy to her; but her common sense and work ethic was ON POINT. Believe that. Nevertheless, Alexis only applied to one school. She had faith that th

SOC Hot Fun in the Summertime Blog Hop

06/22/2012   Summertime Memories and Family      Aahhh, summertime is here. Summer has soooo many fun memories for me. From my earliest memories of playing in the sprinklers at my Madea's row home to picking beans and tomatoes at my granny and granddaddy's home. What is summer without your family? Family vacations, cookouts, pool parties, and decoration day at the family cemetery are the memories we need to preserve . For me its about family and the memories we are making for the next generation. Since I started scrapbooking seriously in 2003, I've become the keeper of the family photos.         What is your earliest summertime memory? Was it eating watermelon on the porch and spitting seeds? Was it a special summertime fling? Was it the first summer that your baby walked for the first time? I would love to know.  Family Fun in the Park.   Page 1 of 2 {Family cookout for my son before he went to college. This was his "Orange and White" party.} I di